Press Release of 15th PDWP held on 4th February, 2020
The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) held its meeting under the Chairmanship of
Mr. Shakeel Qadir Khan, the Additional Chief Secretary P&D Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 4th February, 2020. The meeting was attended by members of PDWP and concerned departments. The forum considered 24 projects pertaining to different sectors including Water, Roads & Bridges, Home, Multi-sectoral Development, Relief & Rehabilitation, Energy & Power, Elementary & Secondary Education, Higher Education and Health sectors for the uplift of the province. The forum approved 15 Projects with an estimated cost of Rs. 90122.674 million, 2 Projects were cleared by PDWP and were recommended to Federal Government for approval, while 7 projects were deferred/withdrawn and were returned to their respective departments for rectification.
Approved projects of Water sector were
- Provision of irrigation channel in Kalkot, District Dir (Upper)
- National Program for Improvement/Lining of water courses in FATA
Approved projects of Roads & Bridges sector were:
- Strengthening of East-west connectivity of Merged areas with Settled districts and important links.
- Construction & B/T of Shagai Alizai Main Barang to Takht Mor Road (5KMs).
- Construction & B/T of Dando Barttrass Arang Pajegram via Dherai Road (07 Km).
- Construction & B/T of Bandagai Road Tehsil Wara Mamund (03 Kms).
- Construction & B/T of Naranj to Ghargo Sar Road ( 4 kms).
- Construction & B/T of Tang Khata Dherai Road (02 Kms)
- Construction of 16 Kms Black Topped Road in SWA.
- Construction of RCC Bridges in Merged Areas.
- Construction of 5-KM BT Road from Shadman Toad to Zarwar Khan Kot Ghawkha Laman.
- F/S, Detailed Engg: and Construction of Swat Expressway from Chakdarra to Fatehpur (Phase-II) (IDA Assisted)
Approved project of Home sector was:
- Re-construction of the damaged Prisons due to 26th October 2015 earthquake in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Approved projects of MSD sector were:
- Provision for Contractors Decretal accrued Liabilities, Land Compensation and Uncashed Cheques.
- Block provision for projects to be funded from 10% Oil & Gas Royalty. Kohat Division Development Project.
- Establishment of Project Management Unit and Three District Management PIU Units for Kohat Division (Rs. 619 million).
- Kohat Area Development Project (Rs. 1408 million).
- Karak Area Development Project (Rs. 9686.580 million)
- Hangu Area Development Project (Rs. 5441.400 million)
Approved project of Relief & Rehabilitation sector was:
- Block Provision for Schemes to be funded from NDRMF on cost sharing basis (Local Share 30% Foreign Share 70%) (ADB Assisted) Sub Head: Strengthening and Disaster Preparedness of Operational Districts of Emergency Rescue Services (Rescue 1122) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Approved project of Energy & Power sector was:
- Capacity Building Programme for Energy & Power Sector.
Approved projects of E&SE sector were:
- Remodeling, Redesigning and Rehabilitation of Pilot High School for Girls in Haripur City.
- Mainstreaming of Proscribed Organization in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Approved project of Health sector was:
- Construction of 01 Hostel (60 Rooms), 02 Lecture Theaters, Laboratories and Auditorium at Saidu Medical College and Staff Hostels at Saidu Group of Teaching Hospitals, Swat