Press Release of 12th PDWP held on 09th January, 2020
The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) held its meeting under the Chairmanship of Mr. Shakeel Qadir Khan, the Additional Chief Secretary P&D Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on 9th January, 2020. The meeting was attended by members of PDWP and concerned departments. The forum considered 37 projects pertaining to different sectors including Multi-sectoral Development, Elementary & Secondary Education, Sports & Tourism, Roads & Bridges, Drinking Water Supply & Sanitation, Urban Development, Social Welfare, Information, labour, & Relief & Rehabilitation sectors for the uplift of the province. The forum approved 32 Projects with an estimated cost of Rs. 20264.806 million. 5 projects were deferred and were returned to their respective departments for rectification.
Approved project of Multi-Sectoral Development sector were:
- Provision for Contractors Decretal accrued Liabilities, Land Compensation and Uncashed Cheques:
- M/S Gogdara Swat Construction CO. Vs Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Court Decretal Amount).
- “Rehabilitation/Major Repair of Government Degree College Bakhshali, Mardan (Civil Suit/2015 titled “Alam Sher VS SDO Circle, C&W Mardan & Others”.
- Clearance of Contractors’ liabilities, Compensation / Arbitration Awards, Court decretal amounts and escalation in FATA. SH: “Construction/reconstruction of Existing Building Projects Japanese Grant for FATA I/C GPS Rustam Killi”.
- Least developed districts uplift programme (Kolai Palas, Battagram, Tank, Kohistan Upper, Shangla, Buner, Chitral (Upper & Lower) and Hangu.
- Malakand Area Development Programme.
- Peshawar Uplift Programme (Phase-II).
Approved project of Elementary & Secondary Education sector were:
- Upgradation of Educational Institutions to High School and Higher Secondary Schools in District Kurram .
- Upgradation of 6 M.S to High Status & Upgradation of 3 P.S to Middle Status in District South Waziristan (Umbrella).
- Establishment of 19 Primary Level Education Facilities in District South Waziristan. (Umbrella)
- Re-opening of Functional Community Schools in FR Tank.2018-19 (Rev).
Approved projects of Sports & Tourism sector were:
- Holding of Important Tourism Festivals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Standardization and Up-gradation of Sports Complexes at DI Khan, Bannu,Haripur and Mardan (Total Cost Rs. 700 Mn -Phase-I Cost Rs. 300 Mn).SH: Standardization and upgradation of Sport Complex at Mardan
Approved projects of Water sector were:
- Construction of FPW in UC Malik Pura, Nawasher, Shiekh ul Bandi, Cantt area of District Abbottabad.
- Operation & Maintenance of 13 Nos completed Dams in FATA (Rev).
Approved projects of Roads & Bridges sector were:
- Construction, Rehabilitation, Improvement and BT of internal road of PK-29, Battagram.
- Construction of C&W roads in Tehsil Kohat, Gumbat and Lachi District Kohat.
- Construction of roads at UCs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, DD-1, DD-2, Shorkot, Ratta Kulachi, Dewali District D.I Khan.
- Construction of BT road from Balakot on Malam Jabba-Manglawar road to Shangla Top (6km).
- Widening /Improvement / Rehabilitation of road from Beer to Kalangir onHaripur – Chappar Road Section of Provincial Highway S-12 (17 Km)
- Upgradation & Rehabilitation of Lawrencepur-Tarbela Road.
- Const: road Kacha a)Planr Basi Khel b)Seri Kandao-Gigiani Basi Khel,c)Mori Basi Khel,d)Shatal-Karizan Saidan,e)Pakbund-Mori Nusrat Khel,f)Cherah Basi Khel,g)Mera Mada Khel-Qabristan,h) Guizerpaty-TT Madakhel,i)Shahbat Madrasa,Mera Mada Khel,Torghar.
- Construction/ BT/Rehabilitation/ widening of sultan khel darra roads, chapper dara roads, karro dara roads (L/R) bandai serai arrimanzai road, galkorr karbadai via shalgah road and construction of RCC bridge at village sadiq abad wari Dir Upper.
- Construction of Bridges in All FRs, FATA.
- Construction, & Rehabilitation of existing Blacktop roads in Upper District Kurram.
- Construction of Black Topped Roads in Tribal District Kurram.
- Strengthening of East-West Connectivity of Merged Areas with settled Districts & Important links. SH: Feasibility Study of Barang Tunnel, District Bajaur”.
- Strengthening of East-West Connectivity of Merged Areas with settled Districts & Important links. SH: “District Kurram”.
- Strengthening of East-West Connectivity of Merged Areas with settled Districts & Important links. SH: (Farm to Market Roads District North Waziristan).
- Construction of Black Topped Road from Saidgi Village to Dewgar Saidgi Tehsil Ghulam Khan (11 Km).
- Construction of Black Topped Road from Dossali Garyam Road to Village Dossali, Tehsil Dossali (5 KM).
- Construction of Black Topped Road from Isha Razmak Road to Lakkay Asad Khel Vilalge, Phase-II Tehsil Dossali Sub-Division Razman (4 KM).
- Construction of Hakim Khel to Broomi Khel Road Tehsil Mirali (3 Km).
Approved projects of Drinking Water Supply & Sanitation sector were:
- Construction of 9 Nos Tube well based DWSS in SWA. (Revised) (3rd Rev).
- Construction of Water Supply and Sanitation Schemes in UCs Bakot, Namal, Pattan, Dalola, Boi, Lora, Nagar Tajwal, Berot, Kukmang, Tarnawi, Palak, Phala, Gornai, Nagri Totyal, Seer Sharqi, Seer Gharbi, Banda Pir Khan District Abbottabad.
Approved projects of Urban Development sector were:
- Peshawar Uplift Programme:
SH-i: Improvement/Rehabilitation of Main Nasir Bagh Road Peshawar.
SH:ii Construction Retaining Wall & Road along Nari Khwar at Taj Abad Peshawar.
SH:iii Rehabilitation/Repair work at Khushal Bagh Peshawar City.
Approved project of Social Welfare sector was:
- Augmentation, Renovation and Provision of Missing facilities in the Special Education Complex at Hayatabad, Peshawar.
Approved project of Relief & Rehabilitation sector was:
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness and Rehabilitation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
SH: Reconstruction & Rehabilitation of GLOP Damages in Golain Chitral”.
The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) also decided that henceforth PDWP meeting will be held on every Thursday.